We hope that this e-mail finds you and your family safe and in good health.
Due to the COVID-19, Aruba was forced to shut its borders for the first time in history. In an effort to contain the spread of the virus, the Government of Aruba ordered a complete lockdown until the situation was under control. The island’s lockdown resulted in a substantial loss of revenue for the Cooperative Association La Cabana Beach and Racquet Club and many owners unable to enjoy their week(s) during the lockdown period.
Although this pandemic was an act of God, and as such, considered a “force majeure” with no obligation on the part of the Coop to replace the lost weeks, the Board assessed the situation and balanced the best interest of the Association and our affected owners, to agree on the following:
• Owners in good standing (who have paid their maintenance fee accordingly) whose weeks were between week 12, March 19th through week 27/28, July 9th 2020, can book their lost week(s) based on availability over a two (2) years period starting July 10th, 2020 and ending July 10th, 2022 (being the last reservation accepted with check out date of July 17th, 2022).
• Compensated weeks cannot be deposited with Interval International.
• There is an administrative fee of $35 per week to book the compensated week. No additional Guest Authorization fee will be charged if the compensated week is being booked to be used by an Owner’s guest.
• This compensation is not valid for Owners who did not pay their maintenance fee.
• Owners whose week(s) start after the opening date of Aruba’s borders but cannot use the week(s), are recommended to deposit their week with Interval International.
Please send your request to email@example.com with the e-mail subject: REQUEST REASSIGNMENT OF WEEK
All arrivals are encouraged to visit Aruba’s official website: www.aruba.com for updated Entry Requirements, adhere to the Health & Safety protocols accordingly and fill out the Pre-Arrival form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
Should there be anything that we can assist you with, please feel free to contact us.
Management La Cabana Beach Resort and Casino